John K. Flock is a California native, having grown up in the San Fernando Valley. He earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from California State University at Northridge (B.A., 1993) while on the Dean’s List. He obtained his Juris Doctor from Southwestern University School of Law (J.D., 1998) and was selected for publication while a member of The Law Journal. Mr. Flock was admitted to the state bar in 1999.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Flock was a litigation associate at several AV-rated law firms, including one of the twenty-five largest firms in the city of Los Angeles. He concentrated on developing his expertise in the handling of contract, negligence, health club, and construction litigation. In this capacity, he was entirely responsible for defending lawsuits against companies, their employees and public entities. Frequently, these cases involved catastrophic injuries and presented significant exposure. While doing so, he was an active litigator in both State and Federal courts.
During the past several years, Mr. Flock has conducted numerous jury trials in complex, high-exposure cases that have resulted in favorable verdicts for his clients. In short, Mr. Flock is an experienced litigator who takes an aggressive posture in the handling of his cases, specializing in utilizing procedural and substantive motions to obtain dismissals of meritless lawsuits.
- Premises Liability
- Security Guard Litigation
- Construction Defect Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Business and Commercial Disputes
- Breach of Contract Disputes
- Homeowners’ Association Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Private Security Companies
- Health Club and Gym Litigation
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- CCD – California Clubs of Distinction
Publications and Press
- Mr. Flock is a regular columnist for the California Clubs of Distinction quarterly newsletter.
- AV-Preeminent Peer Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- B.A., California State University at Northridge, 1993
- J.D., Southwestern University School of Law, 1998
- State Bar of California
- State of California
- United States District Courts in the Central District of California