Jaimee K. Wellerstein is an experienced litigator with a broad spectrum of experience upon which to draw. As the head of the firm’s employment team, she concentrates her practice in representing employers in all aspects of employment law, including defense of wage and hour class actions, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and wrongful discharge lawsuits. She also provides employment counseling and training in all of these areas. Ms. Wellerstein routinely represents employers in federal and state courts and in arbitration proceedings throughout the state, as well as at administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement, the United States Department of Labor, and other federal and state agencies.
As a civil litigator, Ms. Wellerstein has represented clients from Fortune 500 companies to governmental agencies to small businesses throughout each stage of litigation. In addition to her employment law experience, she has honed her expertise in cases involving general tort litigation, premises and products liability, security guard litigation, public entity work, and contract disputes.
- Employment Law
- Wage and Hour Class Actions
- Americans With Disabilities
- Private Security Company Defense
- Negligent Security
- General Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury Defense
- Products Liability
- General Tort Litigation
- Retail Store Defense
- Commercial Contract Disputes
Professional and Community Affiliations (Past and Present):
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- National Association of Professional Women
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest possible Peer Review Rating. This distinction is given to those who have been recognized by their peers to be the best in both legal ability and ethical practice.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 2000
- B.A. with distinction, San Diego State University, 1996
- State Bar of California
- State of California
- United States District Courts in the Central, Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of California